Once we arrive at a purpose statement that feel solid about, now what do we do?
- How do we implement it day-to-day?
- How do we use it to make a difference in our lives?
- How do we keep it from being a forgotten exercise in 30 days?
Our purpose statements can be impactful to center us, remind us and guide us, if we let them. Incorporating them into our lives is first about remembering, activating awareness of the purpose statement on a regular basis to keep it top of mind.
- Put it in a place where you will view it daily and it can nudge you
- Write it weekly as you plan your week
- Reflect and evaluate its fit quarterly as part of a half-day time of life vision and purpose alignment
- Insert it as a key decision criteria in your decision-making
- Evaluate monthly/quarterly how fully you are expressing the various elements in your life
- Share it with a few close friends who you can dialogue with for further affirmations and insights
Keep it top of mind by reviewing it and integrating it into your yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily routines, rituals and rhythms. This will increases awareness which will help integrate it into unplanned moments throughout the day or week.