A. Keys to Success:
- Conducive, life giving environment
- Structured Plan & Process
- Mix of rest, Refreshment, deep think time
- Clear outcomes with grace
- I will define success in this planning process by _______________________________
- Link to Life Planning Documents
B. What I need to be in my best place during this planning time is:
C. Possible Structure:
- Connect with Lord: tune heart devotionally, song, …etc.
- Look Back: Write your life as if chapters in a book Identify key themes and insights
- Look In: Utilize key discover your zone template to think about your larger life callings
- Take Stock: Use life wheel tool to analyze your life currently.
- Also, could use the What’s Right, What’s Wrong, What’s Confused, What’s Missing in addition to take stock
- Look Forward:
- Pick age in future and envision ideal, writing a present tense vision statement for categories including: Spiritual, family (could break out marriage and parenting if desired), finances, personal growth, service and impact on others, health, fun and recreation…etc. What will emerge will be a long-term life vision with 7-10 categories. This is an anchor to the shorter-term life planning utilizing the Develop Your Life Plan Vision Tool
- Use Develop Your Life Plan Tool to zoom back to the present and walk through the steps to identify your key life accounts and vision statements
- Could end with replenishment cycle if desired
D. Operationalizing Life Plan:
- Which life account area will you focus on now, with greatest priority?
- What accountability or support do you need to make progress in this area?
- What obstacles would hold you back from moving forward towards your life vision?
- Where can you post your life plan to keep it in front of you on a daily/weekly rhythm?